Terms & Conditions
Updated 17th October 2016
This website is operated by Norfolk Canoes Ltd (referred to as "Norfolk Canoes/we/our/us"). As user of this website (referred to as "you/your") you acknowledge that any use of this website including any transactions you make online, email, fax or by telephone ("use/using") is subject to our terms and conditions below.
Please: Read through these terms and conditions carefully before using this website, print a copy for future reference.
Please note that the current sale excludes composites, Hobie and all existing packages or offers.
1. Terms and Conditions of sale from Norfolk Canoes Ltd.
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes will take effect when posted on the website and dated in the header notes. It is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions on each occasion you use this website and your continued use of the website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions.
- If you are not a consumer, you confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use this website.
- All orders that you place on this website will be subject to acceptance in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The 'confirmation' stage sets out the final details of your order. You will be viewing this in a secure server screen. When you place your order you will be sent an automatic confirmation email.
- Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on dispatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it. Please see Returns and Refunds section.
- We do not file details of your order for you to subsequently access via this website Please print out these terms and conditions and the order confirmation for your own records. You will need the 'Order reference Number' on the 'Order confirmation' for any correspondences with us regarding your order.
- Delivery charge is shown in the 'Shopping Basket' and relates to the goods in the 'Shopping Basket'.
- Estimated delivery time, we endeavour to supply goods ordered within 3-5 working days. We use an overnight service for the majority of smaller packages and a 3-Day delivery service for Kayaks & Canoes. We make every effort to deliver goods within the estimated timescales, however delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors. Norfolk Canoes shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver the products within estimated time scales.
- We do not provide a weekend delivery service.
- Norfolk Canoes can not be held responsible for the performance of the Carriers. We will provide consignment details and tracking numbers on request.
- Upon delivery, please check all packaging and the goods within. If any damage is visible, sign as "Received Damaged". If the goods are damaged you are within your rights to refuse and ask the goods to be "Returned to Sender". It is your duty to inspect and confirm that the goods are in "Good Condition" before signing.
- We require payment at the time we receive your order in all cases where the product is ready for dispatch. Any item placed on back order will require the payment of a deposit or full payment. This deposit or payment is not refundable.
- The price you pay is the price displayed in the website-shopping basket at the time we receive your order, exception:
While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
- Payment can be made by Credit Card or Debit Card. All Card details are entered on a PCi Compliant Secure Server provided by a Certified E-Commerce provider.
- Title to any products you order on this website shall pass to you on delivery of the products provided that we have processed and received payment in full for the products.
- All prices include VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rates but exclude delivery charges, unless expressly stated otherwise. VAT will be deducted at time of process for those areas that are VAT exempt.
5. Returns, Cancellations and Specification
- Non-warranty product returns (excluding our error) will be exchanged or refunded provided the product is returned in the supplied condition, unused in its original undamaged packaging within 14 days of purchase. Postage/carriage charges on non-warranty returns will not be refunded and a 5% transaction charge will be levied to cover the charges incurred by us in processing and refunding your order.
- A return for refund made after 14 days of purchase will incur a 15% restocking charge (excludes warranty returns).
- Orders cancelled after credit card processing will incur a 5% transaction charge to cover the charges levied on us by the card issuing companies.
- Manufacturer specifications may change without our being notified. Product supplied will always achieve, or exceed the specification described on the web site.
- All sizes and measurements are as provided by the manufacturers, we try to make sure that they are as accurate as possible.
- We will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but unless we are negligent, we cannot be held liable for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to information provided by you. Data is not provided or shared with any other party, all information is held within Norfolk Canoes for internal use only.
- All illustrations on this website indicate design and shape. Please note that many of the products are available in different colours. If a specific colour is required please indicate your requirements by email following your order.
- The laws of England shall govern the contract between us and any dispute between us will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England. English is the only language offered for the conclusion of the contract.
- Norfolk Canoes shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver products or otherwise perform any obligation as specified in these terms and conditions if the same is wholly or partly caused whether directly or indirectly by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- These terms and conditions including the documents or other sources referred to in these terms and conditions supersede all prior representations. Understandings and agreements between you and Norfolk Canoes relating to the use of this website (including the order of products) and sets forth the entire agreement and understanding between you and Norfolk Canoes for your use of this website
9. Distance Selling Regulations
- Distance Selling Regulations expect you to have made sufficient enquiry to make an informed purchase.
You are encouraged to discuss your intended purchase should you require any additional information that leads you to making an informed purchase.
- Your right to cancel your order does not apply to items personalised or made to your specification.
Should you decide to return your purchase for a refund or exchange you are required to take all reasonable care of that purchase and return it intact, unused in merchantable packaging.
10. E&OE (Errors & Omissions Exempted)
- Although care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information provided on the site, all information is provided without any representation or warranty as to its accuracy and in no event shall Norfolk Canoes be liable in connection with the use of this information unless otherwise stated.
11. Contact Details
- Norfolk Canoes
Unit A, Eastern Court
Ernest Gage Avenue
Longwater Business Park
Telephone: 01603 747139 -- Fax: 01603 732890
- Company name: Norfolk Canoes Ltd
- Registered No 06852129
- VAT No 100 4377 64
- We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service. We will not e-mail you in the future unless you have given us your consent.
The type of information we will collect about you is to enable us to process your order includes:
credit/debit card details
- The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
- We use technology to identify ownership of individual 'shopping baskets' during the ordering process using a "session cookie" which would be temporarily stored on your computer. A session cookie is also called a transient cookie, a cookie that is erased when the user closes the Web browser. The session cookie is stored in temporary memory and is not retained after the browser is closed. Session cookies do not collect information from the user’s computer. They typically will store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user.
- If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us.
- Our sale discount does not apply to exisiting offers.
- The Sale discount is taken from the RRP only and no other discount or loyalty card discounts can be applied on top of sale discount.
- The following exclusions DO apply: Electronics, Hobie Kayaks, Royalex Canoes, Endless River products and Composite Kayaks.