Give us a call on 01603 747139 if you have any questions about the Old Town Charles River 15
Old Town Charles River 15
High performing canoe with a Classic shape and good looks
The Old Town Charles River 15 is not only pleasing to the eye but will put a smile on your face whenever you paddle it. Great performance on the water whether paddling tandem or solo. Available in Old Town's tough 3 layer polyethylene.
- More info
- Features / Spec
Old Town Charles River 15
Please call us on 01603 747139 for alternatives.
The Old Town Charles River 15 was the epitome of traditional Open Canoe design. The original design dates back over 100 years and Old Town modernised it and improved the build quality for today’s high standards but kept the traditional look that makes Open Canoeing so appealing.
If you look past the fantastic traditional looks of the Old Town Charles River 15 you have a seriously good open boat in terms of on-water performance. The Charles River 15 was slightly narrower than the old Camper with a more flared hull shape which cut through the water quicker and with less effort for distance canoeing. The Tumblehome design means that the width at the gunwales is narrower than at the waterline which not only looks great, but also made for an easier paddling position without compromising on stability.
Please note, the Old Town Charles River is now discontinued, for a lightweight alternative see Nova Craft's superb Pal 16 in lightweight TuffStuff material at just under 23kgs.
- 3 Layer superlinear plastic construction
- 2 wood and web seats
- Ash carrying yoke and thwart
- Vinyl gunwales
- Front and rear carry handles
- Shallow arch hull
- Moderate rocker
- Flared with tumblehome sides
- Length: 4.8m / 15'8"
- Width: 90.2cm / 35.5"
- Width at Waterline:
90.2cm / 35.5"
- Bow Height: 54.6cm / 21.5"
- Weight: 39.5kg / 87lb
- Manufacturers Weight Capacity: 499 - 521.6 KGS Optimum weight capacity may differ - please contact us if you are unsure about the suitability of the Old Town Charles River 15 for your weight 1,100 - 1,150lb
The Old Town Charles River 15 is available for delivery thoughout England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland & Ireland.
Canoes and kayaks are normally supplied within 3-5 working days. Clothing and equipment are normally delivered within 1-3 days.
Collection - Click & Collect
The Old Town Charles River 15 is available for instore collection from Norfolk Canoes or from any branch within the Canoe Shops Group.
Our other stores are:
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole
- Brighton Canoes - Newhaven
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road Nr Newquay
- Kayaks & Paddles - Plymouth
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington
- Southampton Canoes - Totton
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.