Give us a call on 01603 747139 if you have any questions about the Hobie Mirage Comapss
Hobie Mirage Compass
New entry level Mirage Drive it on top kayak from hobie
The Hobie Mirage Compass is the latest model from hobie, taking features from the Pro Angler and Revolution to produce a short, stable but efficient sit on top kayak at a great entry level price.
Hobie Compass - £2550.00
Hobie Compass Camo - £2750.00
- More info
- Recommended Kit
Hobie Mirage Comapss
The Hobie Mirage Compass is an all-new sit on top kayak that takes some of the best features from a number of Hobie's most popular models that go together to create something really rather special.
Taking the bow design from the super-speedy Hobie Revolution and blending it with the hull and rear end of the amazingly stable Pro Angler, the Hobie Mirage Compass gives you the best of both worlds and a kayak that ticks many of of the boxes for most paddlers wish lists. Being 12 feet in length the Mirage Compass is small enough to be ideal for use on smaller rivers but also fully capable of larger bodies of water and also some coastal touring as well with a great mix of tracking, speed and maneuvrability. Although the standard Compass does not come with the latest 180 drive, the fact that they do include the GT Drive as standard is testament to just how good the system still is. The special Camo colour edition Compass does feature the 180 Mirage Drive.
For those kayakers who love to explore rivers and lakes and enjoy some wildlife watching, the GT Mirage Drive is incredibly smooth, quiet and efficient. The only upper body movement required is the finger-tip rudder control, so creeping up on usually skittish creatures is much easier. The adjustable mesh seat included is extremely comfortable and makes even evtended days out on the Compass pleasant.
For those who like a spot of kayak fishing, the Hobie Mirage Compass comes ready to go with moulded-in rod holders, ready fitted H-Track rails for mounting rod holders and other accessories found either side of the footwell area and plenty of storage space for tackle. The Compass is naturally Lowrance ready with specially moulded hull insert underneath for easy installation of a fish finder transducer and the twist and stow hatch is conveniently placed giving easy access into the hull for battery and other equipment.
While the Hobie Mirage Compass has been designed to be an entry-lelel kayak, it can be upgraded with relative ease to include a bigger rectangular centre hatch, relocate the 8 inch round hatch to further forward and install other additions as well to bring it up to a really top-spec little sit on top.
The Hobie Mirage Compass is such a compact, versatile and above all fun little kayak that it is sure to become a popular addition to the hobie family of Mirage Drive kayaks.
- Mirage Drive System with Glide Technology
- 180 Mirage Drive with Camo Edition only
- Breathable, adjustable mesh seat for extra comfort
- Lowrance ready transducer mount underneath
- Twist and seal storage hatch
- Moulded-in fishing rod holders
- Spacious bungee-covered rear storage tank
- Length: 3.66m / 12'
- Width: 86cm / 34"
- Hull Weight (Fitted): 31kg / 68lb
- Hull Weight (Rigged):39kg / 87lb
- Manufacturers Weight Capacity: 181kgOptimum weight capacity may differ - please contact us if you are unsure about the suitability of the Hobie Mirage Comapss for your weight
Hobie Plug-In Cart (Standard)
- For use on hard surfaces
- Light weight with durable 26 cm tires
- Stainless steel frame.
- Wheels are easily removable for storage.
- Medium capacity.
Hobie Trax 2 (Trolley)
- 24 cm (blow-molded polyurethane) pneumatic tires.
- Welded Stainless steel frame.
- Wheels are easily removable
- 176 lb Capacity
- Great for use on soft sand and uneven terrain.
- The tyres are wide and can be deflated for better performance over softer sand and soil
Hobie MirageDrive Carry Bag
- Heavy duty Cordura and mesh material
- Fits the complete MirageDrive with standard fins or the ST Turbo length. carry handle and a shoulder carry strap.
- "D" ring fittings to allow attachment to Inflatable rolling bags.
- Large enough to store your Inflatable's drive, pump and 4 piece paddle.
Provided By Hobie USA
We offer a delivery service throughout the UK & Northern Ireland. Most deliveries arrive within 1-3 working days, although some deliveries may take longer.
Delivery of Kayaks & Canoes:
We offer a delivery service on most kayaks & canoes covering most of the UK & Northern Ireland - Some products and areas are excluded. We provide a bespoke delivery service for canoes and kayaks to improve the level of service and minimise the risk of damage.
Most Kayak & Canoe deliveries arrive within 1-2 weeks (not guaranteed) from confirming your order. The majority of Canoe & Kayak deliveries will be quicker than this but some may take longer.
For further information, please read our Delivery Information page.
Click & Collect - Stores Nationwide:
We also offer a collect from store service. Collection for orders placed online can be made from any of our Canoe Shops UK Stores.
For full details on our Click & Collect service, please see: Nationwide Click & Collect