Hobie Oasis 2018
Hobie's Fast Tandem Mirage Drive Sit On Top Kayak
The Oasis is one of the fastest boats in the Hobie range of sit on top kayaks. Its dual 180 Mirage Drive systems enable this kayak to be peddled by either one or two people while the stable and sleek hull design gives excellent tracking and ease of movement through the water.
2018 Hobie Oasis - £4385.00
- More info
- Features / Spec
- Recommended Kit
The Hobie Oasis sit on top is a fully versatile kayak having the ability to be paddled or pedalled. There is also an additional sail option which really does make piloting this kayak a breeze. The 4 way adjustable Vantage Ct seats make for a very comfortable ride, while the fingertip rudder control is extremely responsive when pedalling this kayak.
The Hobie Oasis sit on top features two twist and lock hatches and a good size bungee covered storage area at the rear. This sit on top has a max capacity of 249kg, making the Hobie Oasis capable of taking two people and enough kit for an overnight expedition. There are even small mesh storage pockets and cup holders for each passenger. All of these features make the Oasis the ideal tandem kayak whether you are cruising, fishing or flying along on the wind.
The Hobie 180 Mirage Drive pedal system has also been upgraded for the 2017 series of Hobie's. The 180 Mirage drive now has the addition of a reverse pedalling mode where making the kayak go backwards is as simple as pulling a toggle - no need to remove the drive anymore!
This means that controlling the Hobie Oasis is so much easier, avoiding obstacles and negotiating bends or launching and landing is now made ridiculously easy. the 180 Drive also has improved Glide Technology which basically means you need less effort to go further.
For longer journeys or sharing adventures this Hobie tandem sit on top kayak is an excellent option and extremely popular whether you prefer coastal and inland exploration or simply want a 2 person sit on top that is easy to use, fun, versatile and comfortable.
Two Vantage CT Seats
Two 180 Mirage Drives
Three 8” Twist and Seal Hatches
Twist and Stow Rudder
Two Mesh-Covered Stowage Pockets
Two Molded-In Rod Holders
Two-Piece Paddles with On-Hull Storage
- Length 4.42m / 14'6"
- Width 84cm / 33"
- Fitted hull Weight: 42kg / 93lbs
- Fully Rigged Weight: 58kg / 127lbs
Manufacturers Weight Capacity: 249kg / 550lbs Optimum weight capacity may differ - please contact us if you are unsure about the suitability of the Hobie Oasis for your weight
Hobie Plug-In Cart (Standard)
- For use on hard surfaces
- Light weight with durable 26 cm tires
- Stainless steel frame.
- Wheels are easily removable for storage.
- Medium capacity.
Hobie Trax 2 (Trolley)
- 24 cm (blow-molded polyurethane) pneumatic tires.
- Welded Stainless steel frame.
- Wheels are easily removable
- 176 lb Capacity
- Great for use on soft sand and uneven terrain.
- The tires are wide and can be deflated for better performance over softer sand and soil
Hobie MirageDrive Carry Bag
- Heavy duty Cordura and mesh material
- Fits the complete MirageDrive with standard fins or the ST Turbo length. carry handle and a shoulder carry strap.
- "D" ring fittings to allow attachment to Inflatable rolling bags.
- Large enough to store your Inflatable's drive, pump and 4 piece paddle.
Provided By Hobie USA
The Hobie Oasis is available for delivery thoughout England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland & Ireland.
Canoes and kayaks are normally supplied within 3-5 working days. Clothing and equipment are normally delivered within 1-3 days.
Collection - Click & Collect
The Hobie Oasis is available for instore collection from Norfolk Canoes or from any branch within the Canoe Shops Group.
Our other stores are:
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole
- Brighton Canoes - Newhaven
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road Nr Newquay
- Kayaks & Paddles - Plymouth
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington
- Southampton Canoes - Totton
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
Give us a call on 01603 747139 if you have any questions about the Hobie Oasis